Avast Antivirus is one of the most popular antivirus programs for free that protects the operating system from threats from malware, spyware, Trojans, as well as viruses. When you use it regularly, a lot of bugs can be found in the system. Users can have complained to Disable Avast Popup Offers when they start Avast Antivirus.
Symptoms of Avast Antivirus Setup Error
- After Windows software recovery, the Avast uninstall routine may be damaged. An error message is displayed indicating that the setup program cannot read the control file, or that it is not able to interpret it correctly. Apart from the error message it also displays an error code 7′ display.
- PC often crashes due to error code 7 when using Avast Antivirus.
- This Avast antivirus program closes after the error message is displayed.
Causes of Avast Antivirus Setup Error
- One of the most common causes of error code 7 can be improper download or installation of Avast antivirus software.
- A malicious program accidentally deleted essential Avast Antivirus files.
- A damaged Windows registry can cause error code 7 after an Avast antivirus software upgrade.
- Malicious or virus-infected programs can erase important program files from the Avast antivirus software, causing Setup 7 errors.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Avast Setup Error
This problem can be encountered after windows system has been restored. Because of this, the Avast uninstall process gets damaged, triggering the error. Reinstalling for Avast Antivirus is a common solution to this problem.
First, remove the Avast program on your computer. For this follow the steps given below.
- The first step is to click on the Start Menu button. Next, choose Control Panel.
- Then, navigate to Programs and Files and uninstall Avast from your system. After uninstalling, follow it up by re-downloading Avast Antivirus and reinstalling it.